Top Tips for Presenting your property
First impressions are vital to someone who is looking to buy a new home that’s why it is important that your property is fresh and clean looking as well as inviting. Simple inexpensive tasks can make all the difference.
Take a look at our top tips for presenting your property:
- De-clutter - Buyers want to see a spacious and tidy home! Clutter can often prevent people from visualising this, so remove any unwanted items out of view. Store them in the loft or have a clear out.
- Finish odd jobs - Would you want to move into a property that had lots of unfinished DIY jobs? The answer is probably no, so get them finished!
- Lick of paint - This will freshen up the property. Try to stick to neutral colours as this will make the property feel brighter and more spacious.
- Mirrors In a small space - Mirrors work wonders!!! For example mirrors in the hallway are far more effective, as they can give the impression of space and the viewer can directly see themselves in the property, thus helping them to imagine themselves living there.
- Eliminate Smells - One of the biggest turn offs to a potential buyer is a foul smell. This can be cigarette smoke, food, pets or even mould. You may have become accustomed to the smell over time and may not even notice it so remember to air the property prior to viewers coming round. Invest in some air fresheners, clean the bedding, carpets and curtains all these simple tasks give the property a more homely feel.
- Deep Clean - Ensure your property is clean. Nothing can be more off putting to a potential buyer than a dirty home. Wipe down all the surfaces, vacuum the house & mop all the floors. Ensure that the carpets, furniture and fixtures and fittings are hair & mould free.
- The garden - this is just as important as the inside. It is essential that the garden is clean and tidy. Ensure the grass is freshly mowed and free from weeds and litter.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice from Duffin’s Estate Agents. We are here to help and our honest advise can be just what you need to secure that sale!